At JN Software and CompuEase, our goal is to make training something you enjoy participating in. We want your training session to make you feel fulfilled and supported, whether it’s online or in-class. Your online virtual training session should be a success, which is why we support you every step of the way.
What are the key ingredients in a successful training session? Well, a high-quality virtual software platform is obviously one key ingredient! We use Microsoft Teams, a collaboration app. Microsoft Teams allows you to train virtually with one of our instructors, making it easy to follow along and interact with your team in real time. It’s easy to use and allows you to be in constant communication with your live instructor.
Here we will outline some of the steps to take before, during, and after your training.
Before your training session
The earlier you start preparing, the more confident you will feel. Ten business days before your training session, we suggest that you complete these steps:
1. Download the Microsoft Teams app to your desktop. The Microsoft Teams App is available on three platforms: web, desktop (PC or Mac OS) or mobile (Android and iOS).
Instructions on how to use Teams can be found here.
Check your Internet speed and quality using a tool like Speedtest.net.
On speedtest.net, just hit the Go button and review the results which will look like this:
If your Ping is higher than 100, your Download is lower than 3 or Upload is lower than 1, don’t worry! Let us know and we will work with you on options to join with reduced bandwidth. Email a screenshot of your results to us and we will help you out.
We’re here to help every step of the way. If you have any issues with any of these steps, we can book a time to test your connection and walk you through the software.
2. Does your office have a lot of Internet security? If possible, please notify your IT department to allow Microsoft Teams through your firewall.
3. If your IT department doesn’t want to allow Microsoft Teams, we can also use your meeting software instead. We’ve often run classes using our clients’ accounts on Skype for Business, Cisco Webex, or other software licences.
4. We will send you an email reminder several days before your training session. Your confirmation email will contain the meeting information and further information on how to connect audio. If using Microsoft Teams, it will also have dial-in phone numbers just in case you have difficulties connecting your computer audio on the day of training.
On the day of your training
1. Connect to the meeting 20 to 30 minutes before class starts.
2. Thirty minutes before class begins, we will start a countdown video with audio. If everything is good to go, make your coffee or tea and you’re ready for the session.
3. If you have any issues connecting, you can contact us at these numbers and email addresses:
- CompuEase in Ottawa and Quebec: 613-235-6161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- JN Software anywhere else in Canada: 416-264-6247 or email@example.com
4. If your computer audio doesn’t work, try our dial-in numbers to connect by phone. We will do everything we can to support you and get you up and running quickly.
If technical issues come up, take a deep breath and don’t worry! All is not lost; we can help.
1. The first step is to let the trainer know. They might be able to resolve it right then and there.
2. If you have lost connection to the trainer, reach out to us at the office and someone will help you.
3. It might sound cliché, but often you can get things going again by just restarting your computer.
4. The next step would be to reboot your modem. Sometimes it just drops out and needs to be restarted.
5. If the video seems to be ‘jerky’, it’s probably a slow Internet connection. (Remember that speed test we recommended you take before class?) In that case, try turning off any programs that you have open and turning off your own video to save bandwidth. You’ll be connected by audio only and will still be able to hear the trainer.
1. Relax and feel ready to put all you’ve learned into practice.
2. With our software training classes, we will provide 30-day after training support by live chat. So, if you need to brush up on something you forgot from class, that is no problem.
3. Finally, don’t forget to tidy up your used coffee mug or teacup! And just maybe any crumbs you dropped from that delicious pastry you snuck in the room…
Preparation beforehand, readiness on the day of and clear communication during the session can ensure your online training experience is a success.
While this may be your first experience with virtual training, we have been offering online training for years. We are very familiar with its benefits. We also have the experience to lessen any drawbacks and answer any questions that you may have.
|Book a no-obligation demonstration to learn what you can expect from our online learning platform and what you can expect from our classes. Contact Us.|
|Interested in taking training with us? Take a look at the courses we offer and register for public classes on our website! Click here for Ottawa and Quebec, or here for the rest of Canada.|